How Do I Book Travel Through Key Travel?
What is the process of booking through Key Travel?
First, to access the online booking tool or make reservations with the offline team you must be a Registered User. To become a Registered User, advise one of the following V/I representatives Maria Arce Moreira (email@example.com), Michael Ciszek, OD (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Natalie Venezia (email@example.com) that you want to plan a trip. Once they approve you as a Registered User (it may take up to 48 hours), you can then enter the Key Travel Portal.
After approval, go to https://www.keytravel.com/us and log in using your email and creating a password, following the prompts.
How to book if you are VOSH/International Executive, Board Members and Staff:
- Once you log in, choose to book as a “VOSH/International Executive Committee”. Start booking your flights, hotels, or car rental as you work your way through your plans. You can find support on how to book and to take full advantage of the Key Travel benefits here.
- You can create your Traveler Profile using the “Profile Manager” link (you will only have to do this once). This will enable you to save personal travel details such as passport details, frequent flyer numbers, etc. You can create profiles on behalf of others. You can always go back later and complete your profile. Please note any data held under your profile is protected and will only be accessible by you.
- Once at the Check Out page, ensure you have entered the name of the passenger as per her/his passport. If your request is out of policy your itinerary will be sent for approval by the Executive Director or other authorized person.
- Once booking is confirmed you will receive an email confirmation directly in your inbox.
- You can find all existing booking, quote or held options under the “View My Trip” icon (little suitcase).
How to book if you are a VOSH Clinic Leader:
- Once you log in, choose to book as a “VOSH Clinic Travel.” Note: If you are traveling on non-clinic VOSH business, you can still take advantage of the benefits offered through this portal by booking as “VOSH Independent Travel”.
- Click on “Booking Online” to access the online booking tool and explore flights options. Start booking your flights, hotels, or car rental as you work your way through your plans. You can find support on how to book and to take full advantage of the Key travel benefits here. <add link to booking manual>.
- You can create your Traveler Profile using the “Profile Manager” link (you will only have to do this once). This will enable you to save personal travel details such as passport details, Frequent flyers, etc. You can create profiles on behalf of others. You can always go back later and complete your profile. Please note any data held under your profile is protected and will only be accessible by yourself.
- Once at the check out page ensure you have entered your name as per your passport and send your travel to your Clinic Leader for approval. Start typing the name of your approver in the approver book this should appear for you to select.
- The payment details will be entered before sending your approval and debited once the journey approved. In the occurrence of your journey being rejected by your clinic leader your card will NOT be charged.
As a Clinic Leader, how do I communicate my preferred travel arrangements to my team?
- First, it is important that you have shared your team list with Key Travel as each volunteer must be a “Registered User” to access the online booking tool.
- Once you have determined your clinic itinerary, you can send a selection of options to all your team members. Search for your trip itinerary, adding your date and destination, and hit FIND FLIGHT. From the flight result page, simply add on your basket (bottom left) any suitable options. You can add as many flight quotes as you want.
- Once all the options have been added to your basket, click on the “Basket” icon and select “Send Quote”. Add all team members to whom you want to send the itinerary. Ensure your click on the + sign and that all email addresses are displayed on the right end box). Each participant will then receive an email with a link from which they will be able to access the tool and make the appropriate booking.
- Each Volunteer will be asked to send you his/her itinerary for your final approval. Once you approve the trip, their itinerary will be booked and confirmed directly to the volunteer.
How to book if you are a Clinic Volunteer:
- Your Clinic Leader will have already submitted your name as an “Registered User”. If not, contact your Clinic Leader and ask him or her to do so.
- You will receive your Clinic Leader’s preferred travel itinerary and hotel by email. Follow the link in the email and you will access the itinerary for the journey. (The Clinic Leader may offer you a list of options if they decide that is best for the team.)
- From that page, choose your itinerary. Then,hit “Book” or “Hold” to proceed with your reservation.
- If the option or the fare is no longer valid the system will let you know. You can then look for an alternative option in line with the original recommendations from your Clinic Leader. You can search directly in the tool; you do not have to go back to the email.
- If you need to book a different itinerary than the one proposed by the Clinic Leader, you can do so and it will be submitted to the Clinic Leader for approval.
- You will be asked for payment before your itinerary is sent to the Clinic Leader for approval. However, your credit card will NOT be charged until your itinerary is approved by the Clinic Leader.
- Once the Clinic Leader approves your itinerary, you will receive an email advising you that you have been booked per your itinerary.
Thank you for furthering the VOSH mission by providing free quality eye care to those in need