BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION
Start a new VOSH Chapter
- There are more than 7 billion people on our planet, and an estimated 2.5 billion of them suffer from the same health problem, regardless of their gender, age or ethnicity: vision impairment
- Whether moderate or severe, vision impairment can have far-reaching social and economic impacts on the lives of individuals, their families, and the communities they call home
- Poor vision is highest in developing countries with 90% residing in dire areas
- 90% of world’s visually impaired lives in low-income settings
- As information from the World Health Organization (WHO) shows, 43 percent of vision impairment is caused by leaving correctable conditions like myopia, hyperopia or astigmatisms untreated.