|FROM: Roger Clapp
Himalayan Cataract Project 57 So Main St.
Himalayan Cataract Project works to eradicate preventable and curable blindness through high quality ophthalmic care, education and the establishment of a world class eye care infrastructure. Recently we’ve been working on biometry with our local implementing partner community hospitals in Ethiopia to improve patients eyesight after receiving cataract surgery. A donor who is a practicing optometrist suggested that we contact you to explore possible collaboration.
From your website, it looks like most, if not all of your volunteer opportunities are in Mexico, Central America, South America or the Carribean where HCP is not yet working. However there was a 2014 posting of a VOSH Corp opportunity in Ethiopia. I wondering if you have any affiliates there and if there would be any opportunity for collaboration.
- The American Academy of Optometry announces VOSH/International Past President C. Ellis Potter, OD, FAAO, FVI as the 2017 Recipient of the Brien Holden Humanitarian Award
- VOSH/INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATES WITH SALUS UNIVERSITY IN OFFERING SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR A MASTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH DEGREE PROGRAM FOR VOSH CORPS OPTOMETRISTS
- VOSH-Illinois: Chapter of the Month-June 2017
- We are looking for a VOSH team to come to Eastern Uganda
- Looking for a VOSH team to help in Ethiopia
Annual Meeting Belize Chapters Clinic Report Colombia Continuing Education David McPhillips OD Domestic Trips Donated Eyeglasses Ecuador Ellen Weiss OD El Salvador Fundraising Ghana Greece Haiti International Trips Jamaica Kathy Tran Long-term Position Looking for Leader Madagascar Mexico NECO Nepal Nicaragua Ophthalmologist Needed Optician Needed Optometrist Needed Optometry Giving Sight Peru Photo Contest Position Paper Sint Maarten Supplies Support VOSH SVOSH Tanzania Virginia Volunteers Needed VOSH-CT VOSH-MI VOSH-PA VOSH-TX World Sight Day